Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cover letters

The cover letter debate is never ending. Your cover letter should highlight what value you bring to the company. The resume must validate this.
Do not put information related to the position on the cover letter and then neglect to have that same information on the resume. You risk compromising your brand and half your value.
Keep it clean and simple. Try a three paragraphs with a few sentences that describe your value and experiences.
Such as:

Dear [Name]

I am interested in working as a (fill in) for your organization. I am an expert with over (fill in) years of experience to offer you. I enclose my resume as a first step in exploring the possibilities of employment with your organization.

My most recent experience includes ?

As a (fill in) with your organization, I would bring?

I will call you in a few days to arrange a convenient time for us to speak.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,

There are 100's of sample on the internet. Find one that works for you.
Happy Hunting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment